Writing with X Factor Partners gets you published and paid.
Writing for the X Factor Partners freelance author network is easy. Join today to get your content on great publications, both nationwide and global. X Factor Partners freelance authors’ articles have been featured in printed media around the globe, as well as major online publications. You can see your articles light up in shares, likes, and interactions — and be assured of your payment, too.
Whether you like to write in a bustling coffee shop or wait until the dead of night to get your writing juices flowing, X Factor Partners can help you.
Get paid to write for widespread publications. Join our freelance author network for access to our private forums and excellent writing resources to hone your craft. Gain exclusive access to our private, vetted Freelance Job board. Collaborate with other authors on larger projects, and craft your X Factor Partners profile to impress. All these benefits and more are automatic when you’re accepted to our author network!
Author Operations: How Our Freelance Author Network Operates
Freelance Author Application
All potential freelance authors must first apply.
- We expect all authors to use their real identities in joining our community. Writing under a penname is fine, but your application must include your real, legal name.
- Applications must include writing samples, which will be reviewed prior to the writer joining our community. In reviewing samples, we consider grammatical correctness, tone of voice, style, and all other aspects of writing.
- We do not require writers to be located in the United States; however, all authors must be capable of writing in fluent, natural English.
Freelance Author Application Processing
Allow at least one week for processing your application. Do not attempt to contact us before a week has passed. Attempting to contact us before one week has passed may result in your application being discarded. You will hear back from us, whether approved or rejected.
If you are rejected, feel free to apply again after one month has passed. Do not attempt to re-apply under a new identity.
Freelance Author Levels
All approved authors start off as Newcomers. Once you’ve made ten posts, you can move up to Apprentice levels. More posts will result in more leveling, which yields greater bonuses and payments.
Payment and Rewards
|Have 10 articles approved to become an Apprentice||
|Have 25 articles approved to become a Journeyman||
|Have 50 articles approved to become a Master||
Content Virality Bonus
Share your posts, go viral, and earn bonuses!
If your article results in over:
- 500 social media shares: you will receive an automatic $1.00 bonus.
- 5,000 social media shares: you will receive an automatic $5.00 bonus.
- 10,000 social media shares: you will receive an automatic $10.00 bonus.
- 25,000 social media shares: you will receive an automatic $20.00 bonus.
Freelance Author Payment Period
The payment period for impressions and virality bonuses is for the first thirty (30) days after an article has been posted.
- Payouts are handled via PayPal only.
- Payouts are handled monthly, within the first fifteen days of the month. Please allow some flexibility regarding precise payment date. We use automated tools to track your word count, but we calculate your bonuses by hand. This takes some time.
- You will receive a detailed breakdown of your calculated payout and bonuses.
Loss of X Factor Partner Authorship Status
- You may be demoted from Master, Journeyman, or Apprentice status if you do not write for us for more than six weeks.
- Your account may be terminated:
- If you do not write for us or post in the forums for more than three months.
- If you plagiarize a submitted article in part or whole.
- If you publish an article for another publication without prior authorization.
- If you are caught inflating your social media shares by inauthentic or automated means (e.g., creating bots to inflate share scores without correlating shares).
- If you otherwise violate our Terms of Service.
Freelance Content: Copyrights and Submission
By submitting your work to the X Factor Partners, you certify:
- The copyright for the work passes to the X Factor Partners, wherein we are permitted to re-publish, re-purpose, edit, modify, and otherwise alter any and all Article content submitted via the X Factor Partners.
- The work is your own work and efforts, except where explicitly credited and quoted in the piece;
- You will not re-publish the work elsewhere, excepting a personal, single-author blog operated by you yourself.
Freelance Job Board Operations
- Job articles count toward your total post count. Earn your Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master bonuses faster while taking freelance work.
- Job articles do not count toward other bonuses (e.g., virality bonuses).
- Job payments are apportioned in your end-of-month payments.