X Factor Digital Media is a digital marketing and media agency located in New Jersey. X Factor Partners is how we obtain and curate excellent content for our media properties and clients.
Why Write for Us
X Factor Partners is a great opportunity for authors and journalists to gain recognition in regional and national outlets, while building your portfolio and resume.
- After qualifying for payment by writing 10 free articles, authors are paid per word. Payment is according to the number of words and articles an author writes for us, with the abilities to earn raises and bonuses. See the Terms of Service for more information.
- Authors receive bylines in our Media Outlets, which can be placed on resumes and personal documentation.
- Authors can participate in our private writers’ review and editing community.
- Authors are granted access to our private, secured freelance writing job board — every job is vetted, and payment is secured in escrow.
- Authors receive opportunities to attend webinars subjects include writers’ coaching, SEO-targeted writing, writing and salesmanship, and more.
Why Write for Free (At First)
A lot of people will tell you, “never work for free.” This is applicable in some cases… like when you’ve gone to college, or when you’ve taken internships. If you already have paid experience, no — you should never write for free.
But what are you supposed to do if you don’t have experience? What if you want to switch careers? What if you’re just a kid and you want to get started now, but no one will hire you because you’re a minor? There are a lot of reasons you might want to write for free. It is one of the easiest ways to get experience and exposure.
At X Factor Partners, we do not believe in paying solely in “exposure.” While your first articles with us (10 articles, to be exact) must be written for free, we do pay after that. We understand you’ve got to eat — and we know the best way to attract and retain writing talent for our publications is by paying.
How It Works
You join the X Factor Partners as a Newcomer, and must write 10 unpaid articles. After 10 articles, you’re promoted to Apprentice, when you’ll start getting paid for your writing. You can progress all the way to Master writer, where you’ll earn the largest bonuses for your writing. You can even earn virality bonuses — write something that hits it big and get paid for it!
All authors must apply for membership, no exceptions.